Artificial intelligence (AI) is a key technology of digitalization. It has long been present in our private lives – for example in the form of voice assistants. AI is also increasingly finding its
CIB doXiscan is an offer of CIB Software GmbH, Elektrastr. 6a, 81925 Munich, Germany, hereinafter referred to as CIB.
§ 1 Object of Contract and Scope
(1) CIB doXiscan is an application for user-friendly document scanning with a smartphone. CIB doXiscan enables the user to convert photos into a PDF file by accessing the device’s internal camera or photos already stored or accessible (e.g. in a cloud) on the device.
The PDF can be renamed and changed by the user before further use. Modification options available to the user include the use of an archiving format, encryption, the creation of a searchable PDF and compression.
Once the PDF has been modified, the user can: either view it in another app suitable for viewing a PDF (such as CIB doXisafe), save the newly created PDF on the smartphone or share the PDF directly via various communication channels such as email or messaging services.
For more information on how to use CIB doXiscan and its functions, please visit www.cib.de.
(2) No login or registration is required when installing or using the CIB doXiscan app.
§ 2 Scope of Service
(2) CIB grants the customer the non-transferable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and worldwide right to use the CIB doXican service for the purposes of the user agreement for the duration of the respective user agreement. The user is entitled to use CIB doXiscan exclusively for his own purposes and is not entitled to exploit CIB doXiscan commercially vis-à-vis third parties.
(3) CIB is entitled to use subcontractors for the contractual provision of services.
§ 3 Rights and Obligations of the User
- To make publicly accessible or disseminate content that contains programs or data that could damage the hardware or software of CIB or other users (e.g. viruses, worms, Trojans, etc.);
- To make content publicly accessible, to distribute it by e-mail or in any other way which is harassing, defamatory, threatening, obscene, hateful, racist or in any other way legally objectionable;
- To impersonate any other person in the services, e.g. a representative of CIB who is otherwise responsible for the service, or to impersonate a non-existent relationship with such persons;
- To make content publicly accessible, to distribute it by e-mail or in any other way which the user is not entitled to pass on (e.g. due to confidentiality obligations or similar);
- To make contents publicly accessible, to distribute them by e-mail or in any other way which infringe the rights of third parties, in particular patents, trademarks, copyrights, including the rights of photographers, etc., business secrets or other property rights;
- To make commercial advertising, junk mail, mass e-mail (‘spam’), chain letters or pyramid schemes publicly accessible and/or to distribute them by e-mail or in any other way;
- Using the doXiscan app for illegal activities or within the scope of illegal activities;
- To disrupt the technical operation of the services or to interrupt the normal course of a communication;
- To interfere with the services or the servers or networks connected to the services and thereby impair or interrupt their function or violate regulations, procedures, or other rules for the use of networks connected to the Services.
§ 4 Release from Liability
The user indemnifies CIB from all claims, including claims for damages, asserted by other users or other third parties, including authorities, against CIB due to an infringement of their rights by the content uploaded by the user in or via CIB doXiscan. The user shall bear all reasonable costs, including reasonable costs incurred for legal defense, incurred by CIB due to the violation of rights of third parties by the user. All other rights of CIB, in particular to block the documents and content, to terminate the contract without notice and to claim damages from CIB, shall remain unaffected. The user has the right to prove that CIB actually incurred lower costs.
The above obligations shall only apply if the user is responsible for the infringement in question, i.e. if they have committed it knowingly or deliberately or have violated the due diligence.
§ 5 Limitation of liability for services provided free of charge
(1) CIB endeavours to ensure that the CIB doXiscan app is available without interruptions and that sharing, and saving are error-free. CIB does not accept any responsibility for the result of scanning and changing documents. Furthermore, no responsibility is assumed that the CIB doXiscan app is suitable for the user’s purposes, error-free and secure. CIB is not obliged to provide updates and bug fixes.
(2) If the user suffers damage because of using the services provided free of charge with doXiscan, CIB shall only be liable to the extent that the damage has arisen because of the use of the free services in accordance with the contract and only in the event of intent (including fraudulent intent) and gross negligence.
(3) This limitation of liability in para. 2 does not apply in case of injury to life, body, and health.
§ 6 Uploaded Files
The User agrees that he or she shall be responsible for any documents and data that the User uploads or transmits through CIB doXiscan. The User shall be responsible for the content of such documents and data.
§ 7 Costs
The CIB doXiscan app is currently free of charge regarding the scope of services described on www.cib.de/en/ CIB reserves the right to offer the functions of the doXiscan service for a fee or to add functions for a fee in the future.
§ 8 Modification of Services
§ 9 Data Protection and Secrecy
(1) When using the CIB doXiscan app, data, and information about the user such as frequency of use, crash reports and usage behaviour may be stored.
(2) When processing and using personal customer data (hereinafter “data”), CIB shall comply with the applicable data protection regulations, in particular the Federal Data Protection Act and the Basic Data Protection Regulation. Further information on the handling of data can be found in the data protection declaration.
§ 11 Severability Clause
§ 12 Applicable Law
§ 13 Place of Jurisdiction
Date: November 2022
Responsible authority in the sense of the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and at the same time service provider in the sense of the Telemedia Act (TMG) is the CIB software GmbH. also see our imprint.
We are happy to receive enquiries, suggestions, or hints. You can also ask us whether and which data we have stored about you.
You can request order information, corrections, deletions, and blockages of your data from us by e-mail (email@example.com). The same applies to revocations of granted consents.